Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Success in Marketing

Internet Marketing Success Depends on UNWAVERING POSITIVE ATTITUDE

I know what you’re thinking; “Not another pep-talk… the last thing I need is a cheerleader.” You might even be rolling your eyes as you say it. I know how you feel. This is the area in which I struggled most. I had such a serious case of “stinkin’ thinkin’ that it’s amazing I ever got out of bed in the morning, let alone became successful at anything. So rooted was my negativity, that when I first started Network Marketing (long before the Internet) I looked for all the ways I could be successful without being positive! Pathetic, huh? The reason I felt that way is I looked at the statement “Be positive” to be an empty gesture, meant to pick you up when I was down, and to be honest, when I was being negative, I didn’t want to be positive! Make sense? Also, it seemed like such a hassle to be positive all the time. In my mind, I thought I’d be the first one who ever got rich being a negative, mean old bastard! Over twenty five years ago, I was shown how to change my thinking, but I didn’t really see the value in “Positive Mental Attitude material. I figured reading self -help books, and keeping positive was simply a way of making you feel better if things weren’t going right. So, if you were losing, they made you feel “OK” about it, and I didn’t like that. I didn’t want to feel “OK” about losing, I wanted to win, I wanted to be a success, and I didn’t need a bunch of “rah-rah” books to help me do it. I figured if things weren’t going right, I should face them, not hide behind some pages, or some motivational cassette tapes. My mother would get Norman Vincent Peale pamphlets and pass them on to me along with her daily prayers, but I was acquiring quite a drinking problem at the time that I usually only read them in the bathroom recovering from my daily hangover. I thought it to be a facade, nothing more than a phony attempt to deny and ignore things weren’t all that great in any given area in my life. I could hold a job but relationships never lasted long. I think back now that I dated some of the smartest and  prettiest girls, that went on to good lives and careers, but I was a success at sabotaging anything good that ever came my way. After a few DUI's and learning that you "don't know what you've got till it's gone", I figured there must be a better way. Then, after some jail time and 386 straight days of working at it, I learned the true importance of being positive. It’s not an act Ladies and Gentlemen… it’s the KEY!

The Key To Success

The KEY to living an abundant life instead of just existing on this planet with the billions of other creatures we must co-exist with. It is literally how your business will grow, or how it will die. Next to hard work it is literally one of the most important elements to success. It is the path to abundance and wealth. Why? Because being of a positive state of mind “attracts” positive things into your life, being negative, attracts negative things, and your success can not grow in negative ground, PERIOD! We’ve all heard of the law of gravity, right? You throw a ball into the air, and it must return to earth. It’s not something we can change, or alter. It is law. Eventually, everything that goes up, must come down. There is another law in play. One we cannot change, nor tweak, nor shift, nor alter…a law that is always there, whether we realize it or not. It is the “Law of Attraction”. When you are of a positive “vibration” (if you will) you will attract the necessary tools, people, assets, and opportunities to reach your goals. Your business will thrive in that fertile soil! Just like if you are negative, you will repel those vital attractions, and draw to you negative things, and your business can and will not only stall or stop, it may even reverse itself. If you focus on what you want, and not what you don’t want, you will draw a positive outcome to you. By the same token, if you concentrate on what you don’t want, you will draw that to you. In essence, you need to harness your thoughts. Be careful what you concentrate on for it will come to pass. It always has…it always will. It is a law that can not be broken, simple as that. It is that simple, and yet it is difficult at the same time. Most of us have been so conditioned to worry, stress, fear and fret over what might happen, we forget what we want to happen. We forget to focus on our “why” and what we are striving to accomplish. We’ve all heard the saying; “Be careful what you wish for”. This is exactly what I’m talking about. It’s not the “positive” you need to be careful with, it is the “negative” that is the curse.“So a man thinks in his heart, so is he.” The Bible tells us. There is tremendous power in positive thinking, and focus. So much so, it has literally been referred to as the “SECRET” to obtaining what you want out of life. The greatest gift you can give yourself is to learn this “Secret” and apply the principles it teaches. Nothing will ever change your life more. Nothing will bring your life more happiness, contentment, and success then this truth. Nothing! You need to understand, it’s not just a “hobby” to read positive material. It is not just wise to focus on your goals and dreams in a positive light. It is absolutely crucial! So, how do you keep from slipping back into the “Forget it, I’ll just work my job for another 30 years and retire” mode, or an “It won’t work, so what’s the use” frame of mind?


Success Is A Choice


First: Secure your “why”. Then, scour the internet and watch every video on self improvement, and positive motivation you can find. Personally, one of my all time favorites is Les Brown. He is an amazing example of the power of positive thinking and the passion of believing in your dreams. Zig Ziglar ( who passed away last week November 28,2012) is another speaker who changed my life forever.

 I recently attended an event in Orlando,Florida called "Unleash The Power Within" with a group of people from TradeSmart U, a group of option traders I study with. Beside four days of intense study and motivation, I held my walking cane(oh did I mention I have problems walking) and walked across a bed of red hot coals. Try it sometime if you think it's just Bull$hit. We learned about nutrition and mindset and believe me, after that weekend Tony Robbins has been instrumental in my life.



I had read and viewed most of his tapes as well as Napoleon Hill and Dale Carnegie and learned from all of them. Listen to these experts, and you will start to feel your mind change in a very short period of time, where nothing will shake you from your goals… and I mean NOTHING ! These amazing gentlemen have the power to change the way we think, and propel us toward our future, if we just have the discipline to listen to them. For me this was a problem, so I had to force myself to listen in the beginning. You may have to do the same. Understand that listening to the lesson’s they teach will soon became an important part of your daily routine, and move you out of your present circumstances and mindset into a different frame of mind, where you will begin to see  that YOU can win at your goals and dreams!



  Secondly: You should read! You should make it a habit to read at least 10 pages a day from books such as “Think and Grow Rich”, An Enemy Called Average, Success Through a Positive Mental Attitude, just to name a few. These are absolutely essential in keeping your thought process on tract and your mindset focused! Combine both books, and motivational videos/audio and you will have a tremendously strong armor to reach your goals!





 Third: You need to check your mindset daily! Stay confident and above all KEEP LEARNING! Keep growing. Your mind should be like a sponge, sucking up every bit of positive influence you can find! It takes a big shield to ward off the arrows of negativity we are exposed to everyday. It takes some pretty big canons to defeat our thoughts when they begin to eat us alive with doubt. Always keep the wolves away with positive affirmation… you will need it in your war against mediocrity.There is so much more I could add to this principle, if you’re going to make it to that place you hold deep in your thoughts… deep in your heart…the place where all of your dreams are alive and you are living every moment of them, then your dreams have to be at least that tough!This leads me to this segment’s ultimate point: You can’t quit just because something gets in your way, because something will ALWAYS GET IN YOUR WAY! Life has a very tricky way of trying to throw you off course in order to test your resolve. Don’t let it! Hold steadfast to your “why”, stay positive, stay focused, and NEVER SURRENDER YOUR DREAMS!


Success is available in many forms Click Here! to learn more!

The important thing is that you make a decision and do something to improve your life TODAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment